Thursday, August 06, 2009

Anticipating Change


Change. Sometimes it can be frightening. Also, sometimes, even after change has occurred, we can still be surprised and startling. I recently put a suit of armor in my office to store for a short while before returning it to its owner. I knew it was in here, but his morning when I came into my office, that suit of armor startled me. In fact, later in the day when I came out of my restroom, it startled me again.

Change is inevitable and we can either be afraid of change, or we can anticipate it, plan for it, even embrace it and triumph through change. Though not all change is good, change is unavoidable. By anticipating change, through something author Sam Chand calls “futuring” we can plan in advance and lesson, if not eliminate, being startled or surprised.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Mark: Hello, I'm writing from India. We are a Christian publishing company. We would like to print on demand some of your works. Can you please let me know your personal email ID?
Thanks, R Sam (India)